- Menlo Park Recruitment
- £92,000 - £103,500 per annum + Indemnity paid + BMA model + 7 wks leave
- 27 Mar 2023
- 26 Apr 2023
- GP, Salaried GP
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- BMA Contract
You will be joining a popular and well thought of practice in an idyllic small-town setting on the edge of the Mendip Hills.
The practice has a supportive population and the team are led by a dynamic and well-known Partnership, frequently at the forefront of change and innovation.
Leading from the front, the Partners and management team have addressed the increasing challenges facing General Practice with a reduced workload, protected admin session, 15 minute appointments and greater collaboration with their local colleagues in secondary and community care.
The practice offers the ideal mix of traditional, community values as well as dynamism and forward thinking attitudes. For what it's worth, there is also an incredible view of the local countryside from the consulting rooms!
I have placed an experienced Salaried GP with this practice before receiving excellent feedback since and an extract from her testimonial, eighteen months on, is below:
'I swore that I would never take up a salaried position lightly due to past experience, but I investigated it further and to my surprise this was a great practice with genuine ability to adapt to the individual doctor, much reduced patients per session and specific admin time worked in. I love the morning huddle which brings together all staff to update everyone on the latest and chat about actions for the day. I have been there over a year now and they have taken on board many of my suggestions and I even have a say in how my duty day runs.'
Salary - £11,500 per session plus indemnity and BMA contract
Location - North Somerset, easily commutable from Bristol via the A38 or M5
The surgery -
- Popular, dynamic, forward thinking and high-profile Partnership
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Protected admin session (30 minutes per week per session worked) on top of daily admin time
- Team of coders and workflow staff minimising GP admin anyway
- Lower than average workload
- Supported Duty set-up - three clinicians working together, average of 10 patients each per session
- Very sociable team which meets regularly including morning huddle
- Mixed-affluent demographic
Your role -
- Salaried GP (optional view to Partnership)
- 4 or more sessions
- Flexibility around school drop-offs/pick-ups
- Supportive of home-working
- One GP for example does their Duty Day from home and only comes in if patients needs to be seen
- 15-minute appointments
- 12 patients per session
- Minimal home visits - mostly done by Paramedic
- Interests encouraged - big advocates of it being healthy for GPs to have additional passions
The benefits -
- £11,500 per session
- Indemnity paid
- BMA contract
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!