This is an excellent opportunity to join a good sized and very well recruited GP Training Practice in a popular area of Cornwall.
Working mainly from purpose-built premises in Padstow, you'll enjoy a very varied population with affluence and deprivation in equal measure, giving you a really good mix of clinical work.
Workload is very reasonable with between 22 and 24 patients per day and 15-minutes available for all patients. The practice ensures you always have an hour of admin time per session and the morning coffee break is always well attended too. The practice are very keen on work/life balance and most GPs are out of the door by 6pm, or 6.30pm at the latest, with the last appointment at 4.45pm. Laptops are given for those who would rather complete their admin from home.
Duty is also very well protected with the same 24 contacts per day and again, the two GPs in the Duty team are themselves usually out the door by 6.00pm too.
Salary - c£10,900 - £11,400 per session plus indemnity and BMA model contract
Location - Padstow area
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice with multiple trainers, also host lots of medical students
- Have just signed up to conduct research too
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Home-visiting Paramedics
- Very well recruited admin, workflow and secretarial teams
- 15-minute appointments
- Purpose-built, modern premises
- Soon to be having a monthly half-day shut down for training and education
- EMIS web
Your role -
- Salaried GP (Partnership also available)
- 4 or more sessions
- Just 11-12 patients per session
- 15-minute appointments for all
- Morning coffee breaks
- Two GPs working together in the Duty team
- Low visiting but on rare occasions where you go on a visit, you have 4 less appointments that session
- No weekend working
- Special interests heavily encouraged
The benefits -
- Excellent Partnership prospects (Partner-owned premises and high-dispensing)
- BMA model contract
- Indemnity fees paid
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!