An outstanding opportunity for an experienced, recently qualified or newly qualifying GP (including those requiring Tier 2 visa sponsorship) to join a dynamic GP Training practice which is excellently led and offers a very attractive working pattern as well as a barely believable sessional rate, but believe it you must!
The practice has moved with the times and embraced remote working, with the option of working a hybrid surgery and home session pattern. It is also continuing to innovate with ongoing workflow optimisation projects and looking at new roles to further compliment what is already an excellent skill mix supporting the GPs.
For those potentially interested in moving to the area, relocation support to the tune of £10,000 is available for those moving from over 40 miles away to within 25 miles of the practice.
Salary - £12,400 - £12,900 per session plus indemnity - the practice is also open to considering mileage expenses for those living on the boundaries of what might be considered commutable
Location - north of Plymouth, easily commutable from Plymouth itself as well as Launceston and Tavistock
The surgery -
- Established GP Training Practice with numerous Trainers
- Stable, experienced Partnership with plenty of years ahead of them
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Ongoing workflow projects to further decrease GP document workload
- Visiting Paramedic or ANP doing home visits every day
- GP support includes an ANP, three Paramedics, Mental Health Practitioner, First Contact Physio, Social Prescriber, Physician Associate, Specialist Nurses (currently Cancer Care, Diabetes, CDM and Women's Health) and two Pharmacists
- Coffee break every morning
- Very encouraging of special interests - specialisms make for happier Doctors
- Tier 2 visa sponsors
Your role -
- Salaried GP (view to Partnership also available)
- Enjoying excellent continuity of care with your own patients
- 4 or more sessions with 27 patients per day with sessions consisting of:
- 16 contacts in the AM:
- 4 x 15-minute F2F
- 7 x 10-minute calls
- 4 x 7.5-minute e-consults
- 1 x 10-minute GP-book-only
- 11 contacts in the PM
- 3 x 15-minute F2F
- 8 x 10-minute calls
- Protected task slots throughout the day too
- Participating in the Acute Hub (which has replaced Duty) - solely seeing emergency patients but otherwise overseeing the ANPs, Paramedics and Nurses - first patient not until 09.30
- Working with a mixed population with both affluent and deprived areas with an increasing amount of young families balancing out the elderly
The benefits -
- Excellent, area-leading salary
- Very good Partnership prospects
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship
- Lovely setting
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!