This is a wonderful opportunity to join the quintessential rural Cornish practice. With a list size of less than 5,000, there is the opportunity to really get to know your patients and be the type of community GP rarely seen in modern day General Practice.
Workload is very reasonable - smaller populations typically have less variables - and they are fantastically supported by their much larger neighbours who are the lead practice in the PCN.
The real selling point though is the setting - what could be more beautiful than the Cornish coast under blue skies?!
Salary - £11,000 per session plus indemnity and NHS Pension
Location - Helston area
The surgery -
- GP Teaching Practice hosting Medical Students
- Young Partnership offering plenty of longevity
- Elderly population with good mix of affluence and deprivation
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Scanning, coding and referrals completed for GPs
- Excellent additional roles support through the PCN
- Plenty of catch-up slots to ensure the day is manageable
- Dispensing to 99% of patients!
- SystmOne practice
Your role -
- Salaried GP (view to Partnership available - the vacancy is replacing a Partner who returned home abroad)
- 4 or more sessions
- Very reasonable workload of circa 13 patients per session
- Protected admin time slots
- Typically under 30 contacts on Duty Days
- Flexibility around days and start/finish times
- No evenings or weekends
The benefits -
- Archetypal Cornish medicine
- Indemnity fees
- BMA model contract
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify a best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
We have been voted as the 2021 Most Outstanding Primary Care Recruitment Company, at the Global Excellence Awards. We are also Recruitment Agency of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and finalists for the HealthInvestor Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!