A fantastic practice seeing a Practice Nurse to provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care for patients in line with current evidence-based guidelines as well as providing nursing assistance to the Doctors and other members of the Practice.
The post holder must work in accordance with the national and local guidelines. The post holder is responsible for the delivery of practice nursing services care to the practice population. Supported by a Lead Nurse and General Practitioners within the practice, they will deliver care within the boundaries of their scope of practice, focusing upon supporting patients to be healthy, monitoring of long- term conditions, health prevention and screening activities this may include assessment of patients that attend as walk-in patients. (if this is a service offered by the practice) They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
- Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes to promote health and well-being, and prevent adverse effects on health and well-being.
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition.
- Assess and care for patients presenting with leg ulcerations and general wound care.
- Identify, and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition.
- Support and advise women requesting information relating to Contraception and Sexual Health issues.
- Support and manage health needs of women presenting for cervical cytology consultations.
- Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children.
- Promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients presenting with aural conditions.
- To assist in the supervision and support 40-70 health checks.
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side effects and interactions.
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote patients to live healthily, and encourage principles of self-care.
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that encourage patients to live healthily and apply principles of self-care.
Package and Benefits
- Inclusion to the NHS pension scheme
- Full time- 37.5 hours/per week
- 5 days a week, Monday - Friday, 9.00 am - 6.30 pm
- £18 to £25 per hour depending on experience
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Registered first level nurse
- Membership of a professional body
- Evidence of recent training
- Minimum 2 years of post-registration experience
- Experience working in primary care (Minimum 1 year)
- Knowledge of needs of patients with long-term conditions
- Aware of accountability of own role and other roles
- Awareness of clinical governance
- Knowledge of patient group directions and associated policy
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this GP Job then please click the 'Apply' button. On submission an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the practice without your prior consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Primary Care team on 01423 813454.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Practice Nurse Jobs