- St Heliers Medical Practice
- South Birmingham, West Midlands
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Part Time
- Salaried GP, GP
- Primary Care
- BMA Contract, CPD Funding, CPD Leave, Flexible Working, Minimal home visits, On site parking, Partnership opportunity, Pension, Progression to partnership, Support specialist interests
An exciting opportunity has become available at St Heliers Medical Practice. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and forward-thinking GP for up to 7 sessions. You may want to join us in a salaried position or with a view to partnership in the future. We can be flexible with regard to sessions for the right candidate.
St Heliers Medical Practice is a well-established, caring, friendly and high achieving, training practice in Birmingham. Our practice list size is 17700 patients, with a current team of 7 partners and 8 salaried GPs supported by comprehensive nursing, pharmacist and management teams.
· Competitive salary
· Strong salaried GP team, many of whom have worked at the practice for over 7-10 years
· BMA contract T&C’s with structured job plan
· Weekly educational sessions
· Annual internal appraisal and development support
· Opportunity to develop a clinical lead area/special interest
· Active participation in PCN
· 6 weeks annual leave pro rata
· Experienced nursing and HCA support
· High-achieving practice with Good CQC rating
· Single site practice with on site parking
St Heliers Medical Practice is based in Northfield in Birmingham with approximately 17,700 patients with a varied demographic. We are situated in a health centre working closely with community colleagues.
We are a friendly, forward thinking training practice consisting of 7 GP partners, who are supported by a dedicated team of 8 salaried GPs, a skilled nursing team, practice pharmacists and a comprehensive management and admin support.
The practice has consistently achieved CQC rated “good” and has consistently high QOF achievement. We pride ourselves on offering high quality primary health care, putting the patient first, making every contact count and seek to preserve the best of traditional family practice with a willingness to adapt, modernise and improve patient services.
We also pride ourselves on the fact that we have a long established GP workforce, the majority of our salaried GPs have been with the practice for at least 7 years with some being with the practice for over 10 years. We believe that this is because we offer our colleagues structured job plans with no work expected outside of the job plan. We also encourage salaried GP’s to develop their areas of interest within their job plan, including joint injections and contraceptive implants/coils.
Our ideal colleague would be somebody who:
• Enjoys the camaraderie of working in a team
• Wants to improve and develop services for patients
• Is seeking a positive and supportive work environment that enables all members of the team to contribute to the delivery of high quality primary care services
Main duties of the job
You will spend your day consulting via a mixture of F2F and telephone consultations, dealing with the usual mix of GP related issues using the standards expected by the GMC and RCGP in line with appropriate national and/or local guidelines.
The post-holder will work as an autonomous practitioner responsible for the provision of primary care services to the practice population. The post-holder will deliver an excellent standard of clinical care whilst complying with the contract. The post-holder will lead by example whilst maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationship within the Practice team.
If you are dedicated and committed to providing a high standard of clinical care and want to work within a supportive team, contact, Karen Richards, Executive Manager, 0121 478 1850, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert