An ever-popular opportunity to join an ever-popular practice in an affluent part of Bournemouth.
This well-known Training Practice is stable, well-thought of and well-Doctored for a practice of their size.
This is a unique role within a practice that has a unique set-up with two teams of GPs - one list-holding and one same-day. Following the promotion of their current same-day team Lead GP to the Partnership, they are now looking for a replacement to lead the small team of GPs, Paramedic and ANPs.
The role will oversee the same-day GPs as well as supporting the ANPs with their queries and though you will have slots for 15-18 patients, your role will mostly be oversight and management with a day of say, five appointments in the morning and nine in the afternoon a typical example. The GPs, Paramedic and three ANPs all have their clinics fully booked before any patients are booked in to the Lead GP's clinic.
All patients are same-day with no follow-ups as these then go back to their named GP. Admin is solely what is self-generated unless you particularly wish to see the results of any tests/referrals you arrange, most likely in the event that said follow-up then resolves that case.
Salary - £10,000 per session plus indemnity
Location - Bournemouth
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice with two Trainers
- Pleasant population in desirable setting
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Action Team intercepting documents and actioning tasks and referrals
- Meds team handling the medication and prescription workload
- Happy, stable team of Doctors
- Coffee break every morning
- SystmOne practice
Your role -
- Duty Team Lead GP
- 4 or more sessions - full-time available
- Typical day -
- 30-09.30 - Oversight
- 30-11.35 - Lead GP's clinical hours if needed
- 20-minute coffee meeting to discuss cases
- 55-15.00 - Self-generated admin and any visits plus lunch break
- 00-17.30 - Lead GP's clinical hours if needed
- 30-18.30 - Oversight
- Opportunity to step into list-holding role during sabbaticals, holidays etc
- Minimal home visits as mostly done by Paramedic
The benefits -
- Excellent opportunity to get a taste of management whilst still a Salaried GP
- Contract in line with BMA
- Indemnity fees paid
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!