This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most popular, forward-thinking Training Practices in all of Wiltshire, if not the south-west. The practice has a fantastic reputation and is ahead of the curve in many of the challenges facing modern General Practice.
Intent on running entirely on permanent GPs, the practice is now looking to recruit a 2 session GP to fill the final gap in the rota - supporting the other GPs on a Monday.
The GPs meet daily for coffee and the practice also offers TWO weeks of study leave for Salaried GPs, in addition to the six weeks of annual leave - something very rarely seen these days.
Applications from newly qualifying GPs and GPs requiring Tier 2 visa sponsorship are both very welcome.
Salary - £11,500 per session plus indemnity
Location - Swindon
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice with three Trainers
- Centrally located with branch surgery in suburbs
- Much less deprived demographic than their town centre neighbours
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- First in the area to optimise workflow, also the first to recruit a Paramedic
- Perhaps 5 letters per day and just 10-15 path links - on a bad day!
- ACPs are trained to review path results, massively reducing what is required of the GPs
- Very good staff retention, particularly GPs - they are a popular practice
- Very involved in the local area, particularly with the Federation
Your role -
- 2 sessions on Mondays
- 14 appointments per session - 10, 12 or 15 minutes (GP's choice)
- Twice daily coffee meeting to discuss how the day is going and interesting cases etc
- No Duty Doctor!
- No extended hours!
- No home visits!
- Flexible start and finish times - can leave at 4.30pm if appointments are finished!
The benefits -
- Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship
- View to Partnership available
- Indemnity fees paid
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 weeks study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!