We are very excited to present to you lucrative GP Locum sessions with three private practices across North Birmingham, as far as Shropshire. Our client’s business is doing extremely well and they are looking to secure two full time and one part time GP Locum to enable them to increase their services to more patients across the private sector.
We need immediate cover from Monday 13th June. Pay rates are very attractive for GP Locums who can provide continuity of care, and these sessions are outside of IR35.
- Sessions are flexible, they can offer AM or PM clinics: 0900-1300 and 1300-1700
- Or All day sessions with a 30 to 60 min lunch break depending on your preference.
- The two sites in North Birmingham have shifts available Monday to Friday and we can book up your availability more than 3 months in advance!
- In Shropshire, there are more PT sessions available which vary week to week and for which a rota with gaps is provided.
Our client is seeking to secure continuity of care for their patients and so GPs offering long term cover, will be prioritised for their availability.
Breakdown of Daily Sessions:
During a typical session, 70 to 90% of the session will be providing face to face appointments to patients who have booked a private appointment. 10 to 30% of the remaining time is processing pathology reports, completing forms and admin or for example following up with a patient with their test results. An example of the appointment types that their Private GPs undertake:
- GP Consultation - 15 Minutes for patients with one issue
- GP Consultation - 30 Minutes for patients with multiple issues
- 10 Minute GP Appointment for Telephone Pathology Results
- Health Check - 15 Minute Telephone Follow Up
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Hay Fever Injection
- Adoption and Fostering Medical (AH1)
- Motorsport Medical
- Virtual Medical Advisory
- Wellman Medical (Gold/Platinum)
- Safety Critical (is a very small part of their business and should a GP not have the occupational health diploma, they will not be expected to participate in this).
The company's Medical Director and team of GPs are on hand to assist with any refresher knowledge needed for any of the above. The practices use a bespoke computer system which is easy to use. On your first shift, the medical director will go through a detailed induction and system training, so rest assured that you will be well supported.
Our client has some absolute and essential criteria that you MUST meet in order to apply for this job:
- Most importantly, you need to be an experienced GP with ongoing availability.
- You ought to be passionate about delivering excellent care and service to your patients, since the company’s reputation relies on this.
Additional advantages and information:
It would be a huge advantage if you were a GP Locum with a diploma in Occupational Health, or soon will have this.
It will come as no surprise that there is a huge interest from GP Locums in private opportunities, it brings a breath of fresh air to general practice and allows you the time to deliver thorough consultations with patients. For this reason, we are in no doubt that we will be bombarded with GP applications of candidates wishing to secure this lucrative opportunity. In order to be prioritised for the available sessions, you must be compliant and ready to offer availability quickly.
For more information on this opportunity, along with the other hundreds of vacancies we have both In and Out of Hours, please contact Nikki via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 540 8100 during office hours.