Locum General Practitioner (GP) – Telehealth
Come and join a dynamic team of GPs working remotely but together. This sort of teamwork, truly sharing the day’s work, is rare in General Practice, as is the real-time peer and clinical lead support. We operate a call-back system, so you can give patients the time they need for the problems they bring.
Teladoc Health is the world’s leading virtual care provider, delivering care to over 20 million members across 125 countries.
We are looking to recruit GMC-registered GPs to support our rapidly expanding patient population. Successful candidates would join a team of existing experienced GPs along with nutritionists and psychologists providing holistic care for our patient group. Our services are commissioned through Private Medical Insurers and constitute private care with no extra costs to patients.
Location: Homeworking / Remote
Wage: Competitive hourly rate (£80-£100/hr for contractors) + bonus for most sessions
Salaried work is also available if you'd like to make the commitment.
Why work with us?
- Join the world’s largest Telehealth company in its new UK branch with significant opportunities for professional growth and development
- Flexible, remote working pattern
- Choose the shifts patterns you like 24/7
- Salaried rates: 2-3 sessions per week:
- Tuesday-Thursday daytime £10,500
- Monday, Friday daytime £11,000
- Monday-Thursday Evenings £12,000
- Friday evening and weekends £13,000
- Salaried rates 4+ sessions per week
- Tuesday-Thursday daytime £11,500
- Monday, Friday daytime £12,000
- Monday-Thursday Evenings £13,000
- Friday evening and weekends £14,000
- Salaried package also includes
- One week of study leave (pro rata)
- health insurance for those working 4 or more sessions per week
- Competitive pay for contractors of £80-£100/hr with bonus applied for ad hoc sessions
- Full indemnity cover for your work with us
- Comprehensive training on remote consulting and our platform
- Experienced in-shift support all day (07:00-23:00) from the Clinical Lead team and shift lead
- Evidence-based clinical approach always putting patient safety first
- Purpose-built UK consulting platform
- Flexible consultation times (call-backs) and video appointments
- Monthly educational webinars for CPD
- Working as part of a holistic team with other services available to eligible clients, including mental health, nutrition, expert medical opinion and smoking cessation, with physio due to launch later this year.
The Ideal Candidate
- Required: currently only UK-based GPs may apply
- Required: Fully qualified GMC-registered GP, on the Performers List and undertaking annual NHS appraisal.
- Required: Over 1 year's experience post CCT
- Required: Able to offer a minimum of 8hrs per week (2 x 4 sessions)
- We are particularly seeking doctors available to work on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and weekday evenings as a high priority with availability from July onwards
- Previous remote consulting experience is preferable
- Committed to providing high quality care with sound and safe clinical judgement.
- Passionate, empathetic and caring towards patients.
Candidates will be interviewed in order of application. To apply please forward a copy of your CV with a short covering letter, also being ready to answer the following questions in the next steps:
- Are you a tax resident in the UK?
- Are you on the GMC register and English Performers List?
- Have you had an NHS appraisal and DBS check within 12 months?
- Do you have over 1 year’s experience post CCT?
- Your availability for sessions and earliest start date?
Please submit your application using the Apply button, or via our firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. We look forward to hearing from you either way, also with enquiries.
Teladoc Health UK adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination on any of the protected grounds in the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.