You will be joining a popular and well thought of practice in an idyllic small-town setting on the edge of the Mendip Hills.
The practice has a supportive population and the team are led by a dynamic and well-known Partnership, frequently at the forefront of change and innovation.
Leading from the front, the Partners and management team have addressed the increasing challenges facing General Practice with a reduced workload, protected admin session, 15 minute appointments and greater collaboration with their local colleagues in secondary and community care.
The practice offers the ideal mix of traditional, community values as well as dynamism and forward thinking attitudes. For what it's worth, there is also an incredible view of the local countryside from the consulting rooms!
Also on offer is an £8,000 relocation fund from the CCG to support the increasing numbers of GPs moving to the south-west for the work/life balance the region offers.
Salary - £10,000 per session plus indemnity and BMA contract
Location - North Somerset, easily commutable from Bristol via the A38 or M5
The surgery -
- Popular practice with excellent feedback from GPs previously placed there
- Dynamic, forward thinking and high-profile Partnership
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- Protected admin session (30 minutes per week per session worked) on top of daily admin time
- Team of coders and workflow staff minimising GP admin anyway
- Lower than average workload
- Supported Duty set-up - three clinicians working together, average of 10 patients each per session
- Very sociable team which meets regularly
- Mixed-affluent demographic
Your role -
- Salaried GP
- 4 or more sessions per week
- Flexibility around school drop-offs/pick-ups
- 15-minute appointments
- 12 patients per session
- Minimal home visits - mostly done by Paramedic
- Interests encouraged - healthy for GPs to have additional passions
The benefits -
- £10,000 per session
- Indemnity paid
- BMA contract
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify a best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
We have been voted as the 2021 Most Outstanding Primary Care Recruitment Company, at the Global Excellence Awards. We are also Recruitment Agency of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and finalists for the HealthInvestor Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!