Better Health MCR
Vacancy - Salaried GP (£10,158 - £11,427 per session)
This is a brilliant opportunity to join Better Health MCR, a leading and unique
Primary Care Network (head office: Rusholme). Ideally, we are looking for an
experienced salaried GP to join our team, although for the right person we
would consider a newly qualified GP.
We are on a mission to think differently so provide imaginatively tailored care
that meets the diverse needs of our patients, breaks down the barriers that
sustain health inequalities and, ultimately, improves the lives of local people.
We can only do this by encouraging all our staff to be curious and caring
about what we do and how we do it; and to challenge and suggest different
forms of service delivery. Outcomes thus far include the development of some innovative services, such as a RECOVERY service dealing with addiction; a Wellbeing service dealing with non-medical issues; and a Frequent Attender Service dealing with patients who have become dependent on their GP..
Target driven work and population health improvement are a key part of our
ambition and are supported by a dedicated quality improvement team and
Health Improvement Lead. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise operating
under a Board of Directors; any operating surplus is reinvested in services,
thus allowing us the flexibility to be innovative.
Our four practices (all CQC rated ‘good’ across all domains at the last
Inspection in 2018), are inner-city and in disadvantaged areas; they serve
highly diverse populations from all parts of the world and include a large
student community. They are:
- The Whitswood Practice in Alexandra Park: 4,200 patients
- The Robert Darbishire Practice in Rusholme: 23,000 patients
- The Robert Darbishire Practice University Branch at Crawford House: 4,500 patients
- New Bank Health Centre in Longsight: 6,400 patients
In addition, our Wellbeing team at the Denmark Road Community Hub serves all the above practices. We also run GP surgeries for a local forensic mental health unit.
We work hard to meet the needs of our patients using a digital platform for all
contacts. Our appointment system ensures we get the patient to the person
best suited to meet their needs, whether a GP, Allied Healthcare Professional
or our Wellbeing Team. Continuity is an essential part of our approach: thus
our GPs and ANPs are allocated a patient list that helps to improve safety,
quality and clinical experience.
Our comprehensive back–office systems further support patients’ care and
our clinical team.
How do you fit in?
We aim to provide you with a good work/life balance, so we put you in charge of your day. You decide how and when to consult your patients: this may include remote / flexible working. You will have responsibility for your own patients, backed up by our onsite team of allied professionals. These include: HCAs, Practice Nurses, Minor Illness Nurses, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technician, Physiotherapists and Mental Health Practitioners. We work closely together and meet daily, virtually, to discuss pressing patient concerns and to share the responsibility of those with complex and sometimes chaotic needs. In addition, our Wellbeing team comprises Social Prescribers, Care navigators, Care coordinators and Health and Wellbeing Coaches. All members of staff are salaried.
Full or part-time sessions available. Our employment package includes:
- Tier Two sponsorship if required.
- A programme of weekly in-house CPD (protected time) for training to support appraisal and professional development, fulfilling most of the required CPD points for annual appraisal.
- Paid membership of our group indemnity scheme.
- Six weeks holiday.
- One-week study leave with funding available for courses/training.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- “First Five Years” group run by a senior GP and the PCN medical director, exclusive to new, list holding, clinicians only.
- 12 month induction programme – led by a named, experienced GP mentor providing regular and tailored training, support, 1-2-1 reviews and professional development.
- Career support and the opportunity to develop special interests, teaching and training skills, leadership and management skills as well as undertake clinical research and neighbourhood integration work.
Visit us to see what we offer, call Sue, HR Support Manager on 0161 249
3311 to make the arrangements.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com by 31 January 2023.
Better Health MCR Ltd, Rusholme Health Centre, Manchester,
M14 5NP. We are an equal opportunities employer.