An opportunity to work as part of an excellent, large team and offer continuity of care. The practice is highly supportive and trains GP Registrars annually, in addition to Physician Associates, Paramedics, Student Nurses and Medical Student teaching. Ever the forward-thinking practice, they are now looking to start an academy for Medical Student teaching (also encapsulating the teaching of their other students and trainees) and are looking for a GP with a passion for medical education to come in and lead the academy.
You will have a minimum of two teaching sessions per week and will also play a large part in the upskilling of other clinicians who can then assist in the mentoring and supervision elements of the academy.
Salary - £10,500-£11,000 per session plus indemnity and GMC fees
Location - outskirts of Weston-super-Mare
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice - registrars, physician associates, medical students, FY2s
- Excellent, purpose-built practice
- Much less deprived demographic than neighbouring practices with lots more young families
- Reduced admin workload
- Reduced pathology workload (Pathology Optimisation project underway)
- Large team of established Salaried GPs as well as large team of Partners
- Keen to support specialisms and portfolio careers
- Coffee break 15 - 20 mins each day
Your role -
- Salaried GPwSI Teaching
- Up to full-time available - 4 clinical sessions, 2-4 teaching sessions
- Development of other clinicians to assist with the supervision of trainees
- Very reasonable workload with GP in control
- Dedicated, personal PA for admin support
- Minimal home visits - dedicated home-visiting Paramedic
- Using Emis Web Clinical system
The benefits -
- Indemnity paid
- GMC fees paid
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1-week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify a best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
We have been voted as the 2021 Most Outstanding Primary Care Recruitment Company, at the Global Excellence Awards. We are also Recruitment Agency of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and finalists for the HealthInvestor Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!