Join the National Migraine Centre and enjoy flexible, remote working from anywhere in the UK
With full training provided, become a GP Headache Specialist with a respected national charity and enjoy the flexibility of choosing your hours in half day sessions, working from home and spending more time with patients and less on admin.
Our doctors benefit from:
- bespoke, specialist training
- flexible working, from anywhere in the UK
- longer appointment times than in general practice
- the support of a friendly team of headache specialists
- a less bureaucratic environment, with no home visits or emergency provision
- development of a specialist interest and real job satisfaction
- an enhanced professional profile with a respected charity, with the opportunity to undertake media work
About the role
You’ll provide outpatient headache assessment and management via remote consultations via video and telephone, working flexibly in blocks of four-hour sessions.
Once trained, you’ll provide high standards of clinical care by:
- diagnosing primary and secondary headaches
- identifying and managing ‘red flag’ symptoms
- developing collaborative management plans with patients
- attending courses and conferences
- writing reports for patients and GPs, including recommendations for management, investigations and onward referrals, as well as letters for employers or schools
- providing training for other GP colleagues
- fostering good working relationships with referring practitioners
Once trained, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with other charitable activities, including patient and professional education programmes, research, our Heads Up podcast, plus media and social media campaigns.
- GMC-registered medical practitioner and GP
- Neurology experience advantageous but not essential
About the National Migraine Centre
With over 40 years’ experience, we’re the only UK charity providing specialist consultations for people suffering with headache. Our CQC-approved clinic, led by some of the UK’s foremost headache specialists, is recognised internationally for clinical excellence and innovation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re a GP and would like to receive specialist training, join a supportive and respected team and enjoy the benefits of home-based flexible working, please send a copy of your CV, along with a short covering letter.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only consider candidates who include a short cover letter that outlines either:
- their relevant experience of headache medicine
or, for those with less experience
- their interest in headache and their reasons for wanting to develop headache medicine as a specialism
We will be considering applicants on a rolling basis, so please send your application as soon as possible. No applications will be considered beyond 4th February 2022. Your CV and covering letter should be sent to:
Dan Tickle, Chief Executive