Londonwide LMCs is the membership organisation representing nearly 7,000 NHS GPs in over 1,100 practice teams in London, providing pan-London leadership and shared committee services for its members. The organisation has an important role to value, care for and protect general practice in London.
We are recruiting a Medical Director to cover maternity leave to work as part of our Medical Directorate, working with local medical committees representing GPs and their practice teams across one ICS area of London and leading on identified projects across London.
The role is three days per week and we have a flexible approach to accommodate different ways of working. The salary for the part-time role is £92,761 pa plus membership of the group person pension scheme and an employer’s pension contribution of 16% of salary.
A full job description and person specification is available to download; however, in brief, the post holder will be expected to support identified LMCs, building relationships with members and constituents as well as maintaining a portfolio projects to deliver the strategic plan of Londonwide LMCs. They will be expected to work at a strategic level in organisational and system development and at an operational level in supporting LMCs and the local system.
Areas of work are likely to include:
- Building influential relationships with NHS partners and wider stakeholders;
- Ensuring strong and effective representation of GPs through supporting, and providing expertise to Local Medical Committees;
- Negotiation of local contracts, providing the clinical expertise to the team;
- Providing clinical safety, quality, effectiveness and deliverability reviews of local plans and initiatives;
- Advising and supporting PCN Clinical Directors;
- Working with local systems to help address workforce challenges.
To be successful, you will:
- be a fully qualified and experienced GP with a commitment to the sustainability of general practice and its values;
- have experience of working in a senior leadership position within the health sector (essential);
- have experience as a Medical Director or similar role in an LMC or an NHS body (preferable);
- importantly, have a strong understanding of the strategic direction of the NHS and the implications for general practice, the evolving commissioning and provider landscapes, practice contracts and funding, and the role of LMCs.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Lisa Harrod-Rothwell, Deputy Chief Executive via her PA, Laurelle Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in the role and you would like to apply, please send a CV with a covering letter to Marie Vassallo email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Tuesday 4 January 2022
Interviews: Monday 10 January 2022 via Zoom
Londonwide LMC holds the Silver Investors in People award and takes an active approach to supporting personal and career development of all colleagues as well as supporting flexible working and home working.