You will be joining a popular, stable Training Practice in a pleasant suburb of Reading. The practice is well known in the local area with the Partners holding numerous other regional and national positions, and they have fostered an incredible team spirit within the practice, resulting in excellent staff retention and a healthy social scene including bake sales with children and grandchildren heavily encouraged to participate!
Workload is very reasonable and well managed (with protected admin session for 7/8 session GPs) and Duty is limited to half-days. Despite the practice only being of a medium size, there is still however a Supporting Duty Doctor and a Prescribing Paramedic on the 'Acute Care Team', working alongside the 1st Duty Doctor.
To watch a short video going into more detail about the practice, please click the link below.
Salary - £9,000-10,000 plus indemnity
Location - Reading suburbs
The surgery -
- Medium sized practice
- Well Doctored practice with established team of Partners
- Training Practice with two Trainers, also host FY2s
- Excellent admin team
- Morning coffee break and team huddle
- Pleasant demographic with little deprivation
- MDT including Prescribing Paramedic Practitioner, Physio, 2 Pharmacists, Pharmacy Tech and full Nursing team
- Modern premises built in 2010
Your role -
- 6-8 sessions
- Protected admin session (for 7 and 8 session GPs)
- Special Interests heavily encouraged
- 12 online requests with 6 phone call or face-to-face slots per session (routine and same-day)
- Half-day Duty Doctor supported by another GP and the Paramedic
- Only 1-2 extended hours sessions per year
The benefits -
- Salary dependent on roles and responsibilities - earn more for doing more
- NHS Pension
- Indemnity paid
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify a best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
We have been voted as the 2021 Most Outstanding Primary Care Recruitment Company, at the Global Excellence Awards. We are also Recruitment Agency of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and finalists for the HealthInvestor Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!