Role: Salaried Remote GP – Work from home, Enterprise (GP)
Segment: Primary Healthcare
Reports To: Medical Director
Location: Remote working
- A session is four hours long
- Monday – Friday between 8:00 and 20:00: £9,750 p.a. per session
- Monday – Friday between 20:00 and 24:00: £11,000 p.a. per session
- Weekends: £11,500 p.a. per session
- 25 days holiday, 8 days bank holiday (pro-rata)
- Private pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual and sickness leave allowance
- Medical Indemnity Cover
- Sessions can be split into two 2 hour sessions
- Typically, we would expect you to consult with five patients an hour
- Consultations are delivered via telephone and video
- We require a minimum commitment of two sessions a week
- You will have the opportunity to participate in audit and mentoring programmes to support our GPs
What are we looking for?
Who are we?
HealthHero has been, and remains, the largest provider of remote Private GP advice in the UK (and Ireland). Our service covers in excess of 5 million potential patients in the UK and across the group provide over a million consultations a month. Patients truly value our services because of our reputation for trusted, experienced and guaranteed 24/7 clinical service.
We are proud to say that the CQC rated our service as overall ‘Good’.
We are passionate about supporting our clinical staff and providing an engaging, professional learning environment. New GPs are linked with an experienced mentor for their first 4 weeks with HealthHero. All GPs receive a range of feedback with regular audits of note keeping and prescribing as well as feedback from patients. There are educational meetings for continuous professional development. There is easy access to support during and after shifts both clinical and administrative.
Our aim: To provide high quality and safe 24/7 care to all patients through ease of access to the service with technology or without.
Why work for us
“50% of departing GPs recently surveyed by NHS England, cited the ever-growing admin avalanche as their reason for leaving.”
- GPs who are passionate about our vision and values in putting the patient first
- NHS practising, GMC registered GPs who are on the performers list and complete an annual NHS appraisal
- A minimum of one year’s’ post CCT experience in the NHS
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to engage with audit and quality improvement work, to reflect on and improve their performance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling engagement with people of all backgrounds
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to the patients
- Quick learners who are organised, consistent and reliable, with high attention to detail
- Proactive, assertive, enthusiastic, adaptable and able to give and receive constructive feedback in order to foster a patient first culture
- Able to follow all organisation quality systems whilst maintaining confidentiality and security of sensitive information
- To foster a culture of highly motivated GPs who are passionate about putting the patient first and engage in interactive team development sessions
- To become market leaders in setting the standard for excellent remote GP advice consultations through:
Listening to the patient to make them feel cared for, understood and valued
Recruiting GPs who actively engaged in professional and personal development
Comprehensive clinical note taking that considers medical history, allergies, care options, diagnosis, safety netting, consent, treatment and referral where appropriate
Consistent clinical decision making that meets the needs of the patient using recognised best practice guidelines
- Flexible work patterns that meet your quality of life expectations and lifestyle needs
- Minimal paperwork to maximise patient care
- Daytime, evening, night-time and weekend hours
- Full induction, training and equipment set up
- Additional external certified remote consultation training
- 24/7 Remote IT support
- Work from home so no commute time
- No pre or post consultation workload
- 24/7 available and dedicated call centre to support the GP with their queries
- Doctor team socials throughout the year
- Bi-annual Dr Meetings
- Patient feedback data
- GP performance data supplied for the NHS appraisal
- Comprehensive and supportive Quality Management Systems
- Experienced Clinical Governors Board and Chief Medical Officer to support GP Clinical Decision making
- Competitive pay
Where are we based?
Our 24x7 Patient and GP support team are based in Bracknell, Berkshire. In addition, HealthHero have offices in London, Dublin, Paris and Berlin.
We currently have over 600 personnel in our group across Europe and are growing rapidly with increased service demand. Therefore, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team to help us grow as a business.