This is a fantastic opportunity to join Better Health MCR, a leading and unique Primary Care Network. We are on a mission to think differently, to break down barriers and to enhance the lives of our local communities. Our values are care and curiosity and we apply this to all that we do. We are looking for an experienced salaried GP to join our friendly and diverse team (4-9 sessions).
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise; any profit is reinvested allowing us the flexibility to be innovative. Everyone is salaried.
We operate at three local sites. In addition, we run GP surgeries for a local forensic mental health unit.
We have two vacancies:
- Clinical Team Lead at New Bank Health Centre; up to 9 sessions
- GP at The Robert Darbishire Practice; up to 9 sessions. An interest in student health would be an advantage.
CQC ‘good’ across all domains at each site (last Inspection 2018).
- Programme of in-house CPD (protected time/funding) to support appraisal.
- Effective appointment system that gets the right patients to the right clinicians at the right time.
- Skill mix including teams of ANPs/ pharmacists, physiotherapists, social prescribers/ care navigators, mental health practitioners.
- Internal pathways for frequent attenders.
- Full range of enhanced services.
- Quality & Health Improvement Managers supporting target-driven work and population health.
- Flexible/ remote working.
Our Practices are inner-city, and the population is diverse:
- The Robert Darbishire Practice: 26,000 patients based in Rusholme.
- The Whitswood Practice: 4,000 patients based in Alexandra Park.
- New Bank Health Centre: 6,000 patients based in Longsight.
Both posts are for 4-9 clinical sessions plus a paid non-clinical session (pro rata). The Clinical Team Lead post has management time.
We offer a competitive package of benefits, including:
- Salary £8,000-9,000 per session (depending on experience), including a paid non-clinical session (pro rata), which is equivalent to £9,000-£10,125 per clinical session
- Paid membership of our group indemnity scheme
- 6 weeks holiday
- 1-week study plus budget
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Tier 2 sponsor
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to visit to see what we offer and tell you why you should work with us.
Call Sue on 0161 249 3311.
Closing date: 29 October 2021.
Interviews to be held the beginning of November 2021.
Better Health MCR, Rusholme Health Centre, Manchester, M14 5NP.
We are an equal opportunities employer.