Join Push Doctor as an Practice-Based GP working for a Digital First Practice
As a GP working at the interface of traditional and digital Primary Care, you will be critical to our mission of delivering the very best in primary care at the push of a button. This exciting opportunity will see you working at Chapelford Medical Centre, a pioneering and newly created ‘Digital First’ GP Surgery, managing traditional GP patients whilst also accepting referrals from our online telehealth GPs.
As a critical member of the growing Push Doctor clinical team, you will:
- be supported by a dedicated clinical governance team to help you develop
your career and support you to meet your career goals
- be supported with continuous CPD opportunities and feedback on quality and
- have the opportunity to engage in quality improvement and leadership work
as a highly valued and key member of the Push Dr workforce.
- become a core member of an exciting and supportive GP practice that is part
of an ever-evolving digital healthcare landscape
Location: Chapelford Medical Centre, Santa Rosa Blvd, Great Sankey, Warrington WA5 3AL
You will be expected to work between 4-10 clinical sessions in the practice per week, each lasting 4 hours. Morning sessions can start flexibly between 08:00 and 10:00 and afternoon sessions between 12:30 and 14:30, although there is an expectation that at least one of the sessions will end at 18:30.
Session guide - please download the job description on this page for full details
In addition to this, there are opportunities to supplement this post with flexible hours worked remotely using Push Doctor’s video consultation software; these opportunities can be discussed further on application.
Key skills and past experience should include
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Maintaining clinical practice in line with current national and local disease management protocols (where relevant).
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Managing clinical investigation decisions and referring to other care providers as appropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards, that meet the GMC’s Good Medical Practice guidance.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions.
- Prescribing in accordance with relevant national and local best practice guidance, where appropriate, with clear documented justification for deviation from these guidelines.
- Strong consultation skills recognising the need to interact with patients, to identify and manage their ideas, concerns and expectations, and to consult in a way that shares decisions, empowers and coaches the patient and promotes best practice.
- Experience of the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care. This includes, but is not limited to, managing urgent care scenarios, applying clinical triage and risk management, maintaining contemporaneous records, appropriate sign posting and safety netting of a patient.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to patients’ presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers.
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of working with remote/digital members of the clinical workforce
Salary and Employee benefits:
- Competitive Salary: Upwards from £9500 per session (subject to experience and session timings
- Flexible start and finish times to help you plan your work around your other commitments.
- Pro rata study / annual leave, as well as development time with the company teams to work with us to inform development and improve the platform.
- Potential opportunity to work in clinical governance or as a clinical lead, building best practice and developing the service and supporting colleagues.
- Training/Study leave: study leave will be granted for continuing professional development (CPD) purposes approved by the practice.
- Group life Insurance
- 33 days annual leave entitlement inclusive of public/bank holidays (Pro rata)
- Company Sickness pay (Pro rata)
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- EAP helpline
- Free access to Mindfulness app – Headspace
Push Doctor opens a doorway to a different NHS.
We work in partnership with the NHS to serve more than 5.8 million patients across the UK, helping them access healthcare quickly and easily via video appointments using smartphones and computers. We do this with a relentless focus on safety and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients.
Our technology helps surgeries manage demand, matching patients with the right clinician – from digital GPs to physiotherapists to pharmacists – at the right time. This takes the burden off GPs and frees up their time to see patients who really need face-to-face care. We offer a private service for those patients who want it.
We are the longest standing digital partner to the NHS and the only platform that can fully integrate across all NHS platforms and services. We are trusted as the leading expert in enabling remote consultations ad are rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission.
Push Doctor Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith