MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of a defined ‘usual’ doctor patient list plus fair share for absent GPs –
Patient consultations , referrals, prescriptions, test results, workflow, visits, trays , messages, liaison with clinical and non-clinical personnel
Contributes to Practice Development
Contributes to the business aspects of the Practice – finance, systems, processes, HR, Estates, IT, governance, regulatory, investment decisions , supervision, links with Primary Care Network
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her-self available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork, referrals and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- In consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health.
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
- Collecting data for audit purposes.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible.)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate.
- Ensuring that all work carried out which carries a private fee is properly recouped and accounted for; e.g. Medical Reports, Insurance reports, private letters to 3rd Parties etc.
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care
If you would like to apply for this role please click on the apply button.