As Nursing Officer, you will be a key member of the Push Doctor Medical Team, using your knowledge and experience to build a team of Advanced Nurse Practitioners to deliver consultations across our products and partnerships. This non-patient facing role will include acting as supervisor and line manager to our Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANPs) and leading on clinical governance, risk and service development in relation to our digital ANP service. Reporting to the Associate Medical Director, you will be fundamental to Push Doctor’s goal of becoming a CQC Outstanding organisation.
- Work under the direction of the Associate Medical Director to drive the development of a Push Doctor digital ANP service that uses Push Doctor’s telehealth software to assess, diagnose, triage and manage patients independently, in NHS and private health settings.
- Support recruitment and provide line management and clinical supervision to a team of digital ANPs working with Push Doctor.
- In partnership with the Operations Onboarding Team, support the clinical onboarding and training of new clinicians joining the Push Doctor Medical Team, including all new ANPs.
- Support the Associate Medical Director in providing clinical expertise and strategic direction to the development of new technical solutions and services at Push Doctor
Clinical Governance and Risk
- Support Push Doctor’s quality assurance processes, managing critical incidents, significant events, user complaints and compliments.
- Work with the medical team to implement the clinical audit schedule, reviewing Push Doctor consultations against pre-agreed standards.
- Contribute towards the development of clinical policies and processes
- Work with the Medical Team to ensure the implementation of Push Doctor’s medical policies in full.
- Undertake training in Clinical Risk Management
- Support the Clinical Safety Officer in monitoring and implementing the Clinical Risk Management Strategy, identifying, evaluating and implementing controls against hazards identified in Push Doctor products and services.
- Keep up to date with current ANP best practice.
- Provide leadership and support on ANP clinical and service development across Push Doctor.
- Work closely with other Push Doctor teams including Patient Services, Operations, Product, Design and Marketing teams as required.
- Represent Push Doctor, as required, at internal and external events, including meetings and conferences.
- Support internal training of the Push Doctor workforce
About You Essential
- Registration with NMC with evidence of revalidation
- Masters-level qualification in Advanced Practice
- Significant experience as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a wide range of settings and areas of expertise, including at least 2 years in Primary Care
- Non-medical Prescribing Qualification
- Able to provide evidence of meeting the RCGP/RCN General Practice Advanced Nurse Practice competencies
- Able to provide evidence of level 3 child and adult safeguarding training within the last 3 years.
- Able to provide evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in digital health or telehealth.
- Experience of leading a team of ANPs and/or Practice Nurses and acting as a member of a multidisciplinary team, including working with GPs and GP practices.
- Understanding of clinical governance and the regulatory environment of general practice
- Evidence of Clinical Safety Officer training
Applicants for this role must also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good IT Skills
- Ability to obtain and analyse complex technical information
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team leader
- Great attention to detail and ability to analyse complex data thoroughly.
Benefits & Additional information
- Flexible working hours
- Working from Home Policy
- Continuous Performance Management – 6 monthly reviews
- Training budget allocated on a per employee basis
- Group Life Insurance – 3x Annual Salary
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced family friendly policies – please refer to the Employee handbook
- EAP helpline (for use by the employee and immediate family-including CBT)
- Meditation app – Headspace
- Regular company recognitions
Push Doctor are working in partnership with NHS practices across the country to provide video appointments with NHS GPs to patients. Our partnership approach empowers patients and the NHS to leverage the benefits of our digital solution and our technology fully integrates with NHS clinical systems to ensure a continuity of patient safety and care. Patients do not de-register from their practice and will remain with their trusted family GP.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.