As Physiotherapy Officer, you will be a key member of the Push Doctor Medical Team, using your knowledge and experience to build a team of Digital First Contact Physiotherapists (dFCPs) to transform the delivery of musculoskeletal care and first contact physiotherapy across our products and partnerships. This non-patient facing role will include acting as supervisor and line manager to our dFCPs and leading on clinical governance service development in relation to our digital FCP service. Reporting to the Associate Medical Director, you will be fundamental to Push Doctor’s goal of becoming a CQC Outstanding organisation
Work under the direction of the Associate Medical Director to drive the development of a Push Doctor dFCP service that uses Push Doctor’s telehealth software to:
- assess, diagnose, triage, and manage patients independently
- receive patients who self-refer and, where required, refer to other health professionals within Push Doctor’s partner network
- develop integrated and tailored care programmes in partnership with patients, providing a range of first line treatment options including self-management, referral to rehabilitation focussed services and social prescribing
- manage complex interactions, including working with patients with psychosocial and mental health needs, referring onwards as required and including social prescribing when appropriate
- develop integrated and tailored care programmes in partnership with patients
- request and progress investigations (such as x-rays and blood tests) and referrals to facilitate the diagnosis and choice of treatment regime
- Support recruitment and provide line management and clinical supervision to a team of dFCPs working with Push Doctor.
- In partnership with the Operations Onboarding Team,lead on the clinical onboarding and training of all new dFCPs joining the Push Doctor Clinical Pharmacist Service.
Clinical Governance and Risk
- Take a lead in quality assurance, managing all critical incidents, significant events, user complaints and compliments relating to the dFCP service.
- Develop a framework for auditing the quality of work undertaken by Push Doctor dFCPs, including a bi-annual review of their video consultations
- Support the Clinical Safety Officer in monitoring and implementing the Clinical Risk Management Strategy, identifying, evaluating and implementing controls against hazards identified in Push Doctor products and services.
- Keep up to date with current physiotherapy practice.
- Provide leadership and support on MSK clinical and service development across Push Doctor, alongside learning opportunities for the whole Push Doctor clinical team
- Encourage collaborative working across the wider health economy and be a key contributor to supporting the development of physiotherapy clinical services across Push Doctor
- Support regional and national research and audit programmes to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the First Contact Practitioner (FCP) programme. This will include communicating outcomes and integrating findings into the development of Push Doctor’s dFCP service.
- Work closely with other Push Doctor teams including Patient Services, Operations, Product, Design and Marketing teams as required.
- Represents Push Doctor, as required, at internal and external events, including meetings and conferences.
- Supports internal training of the Push Doctor workforce
- Experience as Senior Physiotherapist working in autonomous MSK role
- Expert clinical reasoning skills
- Proven multi-disciplinary working
- Clinical experience of triage and care planning
- Experience of working in Primary care and first contact roles
- Evidence of clinical leadership
- Evidence of research activity or skills
- Experience of computer based clinical systems, Systm1 and EMIS Web
Applicants for this role must also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience of quality improvement process management
- Good IT Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team leader
- BSc/Grad Dip in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- CPD pertaining to Primary Care and MSK management
- MSc or MSc modules for advanced practice
- Extended Scope competencies around bloods, imaging and prescribing
Benefits & Additional information
- Flexible working hours
- Working from Home Policy
- Continuous Performance Management – 6 monthly reviews
- Training budget allocated on a per employee basis
- Group Life Insurance – 3x Annual Salary
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced family friendly policies – please refer to the Employee handbook
- EAP helpline (for use by the employee and immediate family-including CBT)
- Meditation app – HeadspaceRegular company recognitions
Push Doctor are working in partnership with NHS practices across the country to provide video appointments with NHS GPs to patients. Our partnership approach empowers patients and the NHS to leverage the benefits of our digital solution and our technology fully integrates with NHS clinical systems to ensure a continuity of patient safety and care. Patients do not de-register from their practice and will remain with their trusted family GP.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.