Join Push Doctor as an Employed Platform GP - (register your interest)
We are looking for innovative Primary Care Clinicians, focussed on delivery of high quality, effective clinical patient care across multiple partners. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a healthcare revolution, driving transformational change for patients, clinicians, and the wider primary care landscape.
Become part of a company that can support you to be the best GP you can be.
Role Requirements and opportunities:
- As a Employed Platform GP you will be required to do an agreed number of sessions per week. Each full session is up 4 hours 10 min, and, with agreement can be shorter to meet your needs.
- There is the option to work flexibly.
- The session will involve clinical consultations and the admin evolving from these consultations only.
- We want our GPs to work between 1 and 8 sessions a week, with no more than 2 full sessions per day.
- You will be supported by a dedicated clinical governance team to help you develop your career as a Push Dr/Digital GP and we will be delighted to support you to meet your career goals.
- You will be supported with continuous CPD opportunities and feedback on quality and performance.
- You will have the opportunity to engage in quality improvement work as a highly valued and key member or the Push Dr workforce.
- You will become a core member of an exciting and supportive company that is integral to the ever-evolving digital healthcare landscape.
The role will entail working remotely through the Push Doctor consulting platform. You will be consulting with patients of partner NHS practices from different areas, using full clinician access to the host practice clinical system (EMIS or Systm1) via an NHS smartcard. You will read and write into the NHS clinical record, using it to view relevant clinical details (e.g. results, documents, past consultations) and to communicate with the host practice admin team (e.g. to send a task, to make a referral, to request investigations etc.). You may also do private consultations.
You will be supported by the Push Doctor Medical and Operations teams, receiving structured feedback on their consultation efficiency and quality, and on any incidents/events that occur. You will engage with the Push Doctor teams in any regular process of support, governance, peer review or other feedback that may evolve from time to time. You will receive an annual appraisal and guidance for continuing personal and professional development that will compliment, but not replace the usual NHS appraisal process. As part of this you will be supported to identify and agree areas for further learning and development in keeping with the pursuit of best practice. You will consult at an average rate that is considered standard for NHS primary care consultations.
Key skills and past experience should include
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to patients’ presenting problems, whether self referred or referred from other health care workers.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- Maintaining clinical practice in line with current national and local disease management protocols (where relevant).
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Managing clinical investigation decisions and referring to other care providers as appropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards, that meets the GMCs Good Medical Practice guidance.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions.
- Prescribing in accordance with relevant national and local best practice guidance, where appropriate, with clear documented justification for deviation from these guidelines.
- Strong consultation skills recognising the need to interact with patients, to identify and manage their ideas, concerns and expectations, and to consult in a way that shares decisions, empowers and coaches the patient and promotes best practice.
- In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care. This includes, but is not limited to completing contemporaneous records, appropriate sign posting and safety netting of a patient, sending tasks and referrals, and seeking appropriate advice for anything they are unsure about, whether this be clinical advice, operational and process advice or advice on IT/tech issues. The doctor will engage in a process of reflection where appropriate, they will consider their limitations and areas that need further development.
- Remote assessment and primary care management of patients.
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice
- Previous experience of working through a digital medium and assessing patients through a video consultation with evidence of appropriate safety netting.
- The ability to contribute to evaluation and audit, and clinical standard setting within the organisation
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a remote setting
Salary and Employee benefits:
As an employee you will also be entitled to below:
- Competitive salary - in the region of £90,000 FTE (10 session equivalent), pro-rated to reflect sessional work as per above.
- Pro rata study / annual leave and also some development time with the company teams to work with us to inform development and improve the platform.
- Potential opportunity to work in clinical governance, building best practice and developing the service and supporting colleagues.
- Training/Study leave: study leave will be granted for continuing professional development (CPD) purposes approved by the Company, and includes study (usually, but not exclusively or necessarily, on a course),research, teaching, examining or taking examinations, visiting clinics and attending professional conferences, evidence should be supplied to support the leave request.
- Group life Insurance
- Holiday entitlement - 33 working days inclusive of public/bank holidays (Pro rata)
- Company Sickness pay (Pro rata): Any sickness absence taken is paid in line with our contractual sick pay scheme (inclusive of SSP) which, on completion of 3 month’s service, provides payment during periods of certificated sickness of between 5 and 10 working days in any 12 month period (dependant on length of service, further details are contained in the Push Doctor Employee Handbook which you should refer.
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- EAP helpline
- Meditation app – Headspace
Push Doctor are working in partnership with NHS practices across the country to provide video appointments with NHS GPs to patients. Our partnership approach empowers patients and the NHS to leverage the benefits of our digital solution and our technology fully integrates with NHS clinical systems to ensure a continuity of patient safety and care. Patients do not de-register from their practice and will remain with their trusted family GP.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.