Are you a GP Trainer or have a keen interest in teaching and would love to be fully supported in becoming a trainer? Due to the recruitment of 3 Newly Qualified GPs this leading GP training practice has created an excellent opportunity for General Practitioners with a passion for teaching and training to join a highly respected team as a Senior GP lead/Clinical supervisor, contributing to practice development and mentorship amongst the team. You will benefit from a real variety in your workload with approximately 50% clinical work and 50% supporting and mentoring your peers.
This is a truly exceptional practice whose core values reflect an ethical, sustainable and responsible approach to primary care. The team are extremely close, they share a strong sense of humour and kindness and compassion towards each other. There is genuinely real scope for development and to have an opportunity to have a real say in changing the way primary care is delivered.
You can expect outstanding management, streamlined administration and a workload which truly allows you to focus on being the best GP possible. In addition, you also get access to exceptional training including opportunities to specialise.
Future opportunities include Associate Clinical Director and Clinical Director. If you enjoy Minor Surgery or wants to specialise in Dermatology, Diabetes, or a range of other specialisms the opportunities are unlimited working with some of the best Clinicians in the North East.
Salary - Circa £10,500 per session + BMA Model Contract + 7 weeks Annual Leave
Location - Peterlee
The surgery :
- Fantastic modern premises
- Highly regarded in both the area and nationally
- Diverse clinical interests
- High QOF achieving
- Systm One
- Great clinical team with access to fantastic mentors
- Work with an exceptionally diverse Allied Health Care team and have second to none Care Navigation and administration support
- Accredited GP Trainer or Supported to become a GP Trainer
- 7- 8 patient 'contacts' per session, the remainder of your day reserved for supporting and mentoring your peers
- Develop skills in areas such as cardiology, Minor Surgery, Diabetes, DFSRH , Diabetes and more
- Progression to become an Associate Clinical Director and Clinical Director
- Represent the practice at the PCN and CCG
- 5-8 sessions
- Streamlined administration
- Very manageable workload with a great support team
- Funded training opportunities
- Mixed patient demographic
The benefits -
- Excellent salary and employment benefits, including BMA contract and NHS pension (circa £10,500 per session)
- Emphasis on role progression and personal development
- Having a tangible say in practice decisions and service development
- Access to a large multidisciplinary nursing team along with nurse practitioner led triage service
- Excellent administrative and management support
- Continuing to achieve high QOF targets
- A paper light system using SYSTM 1 consultation
- No out of hours
- Joining a training practice with GP trainers, ST3s FY2 doctors and Newly Qualified GPs
For further details on this GP role, please use the Apply section. If you can specify a best time to talk, please do; we'll get in touch when it suits you best. You'll then be contacted by one of our specialist GP consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
We have been voted as the Recruitment Agency of the Year at the General Practice Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands.
Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence. We will not send your details to a surgery without your expressed consent to do so. If you would like to talk, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. We look forward to speaking with you!