A proud, growing practice in the Felixstowe and surrounding community is seeking a new Nurse Practitioner to join their established team.
This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced Nurse Practitioner looking to exercise their skills and be given the chance to get involved in training, whilst being supported by the practice and community staff alike. This is a practice of circa 18,000 patients that is ahead of its time, it's already integrated with Social Services and other community services meaning that patients receive the most appropriate care for them. There is great scope for professional development in this role, where you will be working alongside a strong, established clinical team. Administrative duties are aided by the excellent management and admin team, to ensure that your clinics run smoothly and efficiently.
If you are primary care experienced and patient focussed, this could be the next role for you. Delivering excellent patient care that aligns with their clinical and social needs is the priority, but don't forget about the motivated and friendly team who want you to feel welcome! There is a shared ethos through the practice, collaboration is key, meaning that every aspect of your job is supported. Key Duties
Package and Benefits
- There are 25-30 hours available. These are flexible, to be arranged around your commitments.
- This role will involve the delivery of care to patients in a minor illness clinic that runs morning and afternoon, alongside 5 other Nurse Practitioners.
- You will support the GP colleagues and be accountable to your Nurse Team Lead, the Practice Manager and Partners.
- You will diagnose and treat minor illness, and recognise when referral to another health professional is necessary.
- You are a non-medical Prescriber and can maintain safe practice across the clinic.
- The practice will support your professional development so that you can expand your clinical interests.
- 18 calls in the morning and afternoon avg, of which you will triage to decide the necessity for a face to face appointment.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- circa £35,000 dependent on experience and hours negotiated
- Parking on site, the building is modern, and purpose built
- NHS pension enrolment
- 5 weeks holiday
- The practice is commutable from Ipswich
Some experience in primary care is desirable. Qualifications:
- Registered Nursing Qualification - essential.
- Non medical Prescribing Qualification - essential.
- Degree / MSc modules in Advanced Clinical Skills and diagnostics - desirable.
You must be keen to get involved with the team, whilst able to work autonomously to triage your phone consultations, whilst accountable to the GPs.
Candidates that do not have MSc in Advanced Nursing or Clinical Nursing will be considered.What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this Nurse role then please click the 'Apply'
button. On submission an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the practice without your prior consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our Primary Care team on 01423 813454
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.Not the right job for you? Click here for more ANP Jobs