Family Health Centre in Gisborne, (a provincial city of 40,000) is looking for a General Practitioner/Family Physician. This is an exciting and challenging position with an excellent remuneration package for the right candidate.
Excellent collegial support within this GP training practice. We also have a lively postgraduate medical society, and peer review group.
We support overseas applicants at all stages of medical council registration and supervision requirements.
Recreational opportunities abound, great for surfing, diving and fishing on the Pacific Ocean. Hunting and hill walking on the Raukumara State Forest Park.
- Golf courses on your doorstep
- Fabulous wine from grapes grown nearby
- Within three hours' drive of New Zealand's art deco capital Napier
We are well supported with practice nurses who run cervical screening, diabetes, asthma and cardiovascular clinics.
The practice has an enrolled patient population of 19,000. We run clinics from 8 am until 8 pm, the local hospital emergency department provides nighttime cover to allow our doctors to work refreshed every day.
Your very attractive remuneration package includes:
- Great salary.
- Annual Leave
- Indemnity Insurance and Medical Council Registration
The following additional benefits can be offered to direct applicants:
- Refund of UK => NZ airfare, and we will fund managed isolation in a hotel for the successful applicant for those proposing to stay for six months or more.
- Pay salary while in managed isolation facility.
- Car & accommodation can be made available for overseas applicants for initial "settling in" period.
Desired Skills & Experience
General Practitioner/Family Physician vocational training preferred, but we can support non-VR applicants with "can do" attitude and willingness to learn.