A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Sexual Health specialist Nurse, to manage a team to run a group of Sexual Health clinics.
A reputable group in Chester is seeking a Nurse Manager to run their sexual health clinic with a team of specialist Band 6 Practice Nurses.
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled Practice Nurse or Nurse Practitioner that will combine general Nurse duties and management to create an all-round role to utilise all these skills. The existing team of Nurses are compassionate and friendly, offering advice and treatment to the Chester community. Key Duties
Your key duties will primarily be managing your team of Nurses and HCAs. You will provide clear clinical leadership which involves regular meetings, guidance, support and response to problems that arise. Other duties include:
- Delivering appraisals and developing your team
- Managing the rota and covering for clinics when needed
- Assist in recruitment for the service
- Organise and supervise group and individual meetings
- Ensure the clinic is adhering to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and following protocol for referrals and documentation
- Work with external health professionals and attend regular clinical governance and audit meetings
- Keeping record of your personal development
You will be keen to get involved in education and research to maintain the clinical competence of your team. It is expected that as a role model, you will attend specialist courses and use your experience to mentor your team. There are chances to lead clinical audits and research projects to present your findings.
Your clinical duties will involve the delivery of sexual health care to your patients on an initial telephone triage basis. You must be keen to reduce the stigma attached to sexual health by bringing an open and positive attitude every day.
You will be well informed on issues including:
- Pregnancy, testing and abortion
- Contraception, particularly IUD fitting
- Emergency contraception
- Confidential Sexual Health counselling and advice
- Screening and treatment of STIs, including HIV
- Cervical screening
You will be managing an existing team of specialist Band 6 Nurses and HCAs to ensure smooth running of the clinic. Prior experience of managing teams is therefore essential. You will be a decision maker for the team with Nurses accountable to you.
This role is for 37.5 hours. Training is supported and encouraged to ensure that you are fully compliant. Package and Benefits
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- A very generous salary of up to £44,000 is offered for the right candidate, based on experience and full time hours (37.5 hours)
- This is a Band 7 role
- NHS pension enrolment
- 5 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays
As this is a Nurse Manager role, you will have extensive experience of managing a team in a healthcare setting.
This role requires you to have Sexual Health experience and will involve IUD fitting, amongst other sexual health clinic duties. IUD experience or a willingness to train in this is essential. Ideally, you will be an independent prescriber, although if you are willing to gain this qualification, you will be considered. You will be delivering advice and treatment related to sexual health, it is there essential that you have experience in sexual health.
General Practice Nurses and Nurse Practitioners are welcome to apply, if you have the relevant experience and are open to gaining additional training for this role.
What Happens Next?
- Management experience essential
- Sexual Health experience essential
- IUD fitting desirable, or willingness to train is essential
- Independent Prescribing qualification desirable, willingness to gain is essential
If you wish to find out more please click the 'Apply'
button. This will send a notification to the consultant looking after this vacancy who will get in touch at a suitable time to share further details on this opportunity.
Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any
practice unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more.
Alternatively, if you wish to talk to us directly about this opportunity or any other suitable positions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our General Practice Team on 01423 813454
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.Not the right job for you? Click here for more Practice Nurse Jobs