Prospect Health are recruiting a Pharmacist to work within General Practice.
This is a new and exciting opportunity and you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience in the following areas, but not limited to:
There is also the opportunity to access and complete NHS Englands accredited training pathway for clinical pharmacists in primary care, should you not already hold this qualification. There is also the opportunity to develop as an IP, which will equip you to practice and prescribe safely and effectively in a primary care setting. Job Summary
This is an appointment for a Clinical Pharmacist to take a strategic lead for developing clinical pharmacy services across the Network Area. The role will be based between the Neighbourhoods, responding to the needs of the member practices.
The post holder will:
Be a pharmacist, who acts within their professional boundaries, providing clinical leadership within the PCN and working as part of multi-disciplinary teams in general practice. In this role they will receive appropriate clinical supervision.
Ensure that the practices integrate with community and hospital pharmacy to help utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage workload.
Perform a patient facing role to include undertaking clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy in a variety of settings including the surgery, patient homes and residential care, and with a view to meeting the demands of new workstreams in primary care.
Represent the PCN to strategic partners on medicines optimisation and quality improvement.
Provide primary support to general practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries, providing expertise in clinical medicines advice.
Be supported to develop their role to become a non-medical prescriber if required Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified Pharmacist registered with the GPHC
- Specialist knowledge acquired through postgraduate diploma level or equivalent training/experience
- Independent prescriber or working towards/intent of gaining an independent prescribing qualification
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience.
- In depth therapeutic and clinical knowledge and understanding of the principles of evidence-based healthcare.
- An appreciation of the nature of GPs and general practices.
- An appreciation of the nature of primary care prescribing, concepts of rational prescribing and strategies for improving prescribing.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills.
What Happens Next?If you wish to find out more please click the 'Apply' button. This will send a notification to the consultant looking after this vacancy who will get in touch at a suitable time to share further details on this opportunity.
Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more!
If you wish to contact us about this opportunity and other suitable positions please call our General Practice Locum Division on 01423 608195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org