Are you a GP looking for a different way of working? If you’d like to spend longer with patients presenting with acute injuries and illness without managing chronic conditions have you thought about applying for a role in an Urgent Treatment Centre?
We have an exciting opportunity to join the team at the St Mary’s Urgent Treatment Centre. The UTC operates seven days a week, 365 days a year from 07.30 to 22.00 offering clinical consultations to the patients who attend the UTC when GP intervention is required to manage the patients’ medical condition in the short / immediate term until the Patient is able to obtain an appointment with their own GP.
Working in a UTC can be a refreshing change in comparison to traditional practice. As a GP in a UTC you will work within a wider clinical team of Nurse and Paramedic Practitioners where collaborative team working is actively encouraged. Furthermore, with no timed appointments you will have longer to spend with your patients, there’s also very little paperwork and best of all no QOF – so at the end of your shift you can go home!
Flexible working is offered to fit around your other commitments, with both full and part time roles available, enabling you to make urgent care part of your portfolio.
What we need from you?
- GMC Registered General Practitioner with registration on the PTC Performers List
- Membership of a Medical Defence Organisation
- The ability to work as a team and learn from your Practitioner colleagues
- Interest/ability to develop one or more areas of special clinical interest
In return, we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working patterns
- No timed appointments
- Minimal paperwork and no QOF allowing you to enjoy a good work/life balance
- Varied, interesting and challenging work, working with a team of GPs and Nurse Practitioners
- The opportunity to learn Minor Injury skills from the dedicated Nursing team
- Care UK Perks including cycle to work scheme and retail discounts
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + 10 days CPD (based on full time employment)
- Company pension scheme
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
To apply, please send your CV by clicking the apply button