GP Consultant opportunity in Kent
Are you a registered GP looking to join a proactive and forward-thinking clinical business?
DMC Healthcare has an opportunity for an experienced GP Consultant to join the team across the Medway area of Kent.
DMC Healthcare is a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We’ve grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic GP Consultant with prior clinical lead experience to work within our Primary Care setting across Kent. You will be based at our Balmoral Clinic in Balmoral Gardens, Medway, and will also travel to other sites. If you’re looking for a hands-on role which involves clinical management then this could be the ideal role for you.
What the role involves
Working closely with the Practice Managers, you will be responsible for local clinical governance, ensuring we offer the very best patient experience. You will adhere to the professional standards set out by the General Medical Council and professionally lead the surgery’s clinical team, delegating responsibilities to the team where appropriate.
In the role you will cover the following patient and non-patient activities:
- Governance and Risk Management: You will be responsible for local clinical governance.
- Education: You will promote a culture within the practice that promotes and encourages ongoing education.
- Patient Administration: You will deal with incoming letters and results as per the local protocol, check and sign repeat prescriptions and complete medical reports.
- Achievement of Targets: You will assist the Practice Manager in achieving set targets and KPIs.
- Patient Contact Activities: You will conduct face to face consultations, taking place either in the surgery or in the patient’s home. You will also conduct consultations over the phone and electronically.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: You will strategically promote the development of the practice as part of the local health economy, and you’ll promote national and local screening programmes to patients as well as being involved in the screening process wherever possible.
Our working culture
Technology is important to the way we deliver our services and we are making great steps to becoming paperless in order to enable you to focus on your patients. In addition, we have established central support structures for matters such as administrative support, central reporting, submission and finance, to help you focus on patient care.
If you are passionate about contributing to how the DMC services develop at our practices and more widely across the business, we have an open culture that enables you to get involved in the decisions that affect our delivery. Our approach to service delivery is advanced and we strive to look at the way we work to ensure that time with patients is maximised. That is, after all, why you became a GP.
We will support you in your ongoing personal development and if you are interested in developing a special interest, we are open to that too.
Why work with us?
In addition to a highly competitive salary, you will also have the flexibility to work at one or more of our clinical sites. We are a teaching practice and you will be given continued support in developing your special interests. We take every opportunity to deliver innovative care to our patients through our services and systems, and you will have the opportunity to be part of our upcoming projects. You will also receive support from our dynamic non-clinical staff including Practice Managers, Assistant Managers, Admin Leads and trained Admin/Care Navigators.
Other benefits include:
- Generous relocation package
- A full covered medical indemnity
- Full-time or part-time family friendly hours
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD support to develop your career
- NHS pension
Our practices are located in the wonderful ‘Garden of England’ (Kent) which is a beautiful area in which to live and work. If you are interested in being part of a team that is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, please get in touch for an informal discussion or a visit to talk through our current opportunities.