Lead General Practitioner - Queen Elizabeth Hospital UCC
Greenbrook Healthcare – Together, we deliver the future of Urgent Care.
- Lead General Practitioner
- £107,000 - £117,000 per annum (FTE) plus generous flexible benefits including NHS Pension + £5,000 welcome bonus
- Medical indemnity covered by CNSGP
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Hospital Urgent Care Centre and Out-of-Hours Service, Woolwich, SE London
Greenbrook Healthcare is the leading provider of co-located Urgent Treatment Centres caring for NHS patients across London and the Home Counties.
We are looking to appoint a Lead General Practitioner to our clinical leadership team, based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Urgent Treatment Service, Woolwich. The service provides a 24/7 UTC for walk in patients and the Greenwich out of hours GP service covering GP base appointments and a home visiting service.
Managing a team of salaried and bank GPs in this role you will work closely with the Service Manager and Lead Nurse with responsibility for managing, organising and promoting the needs of the services.
Supported by our Clinical Director for SE London, and working together with our Lead Nurse and Service Manager, your managerial duties will include:
- Meet the Clinical Governance needs of the UCC, investigating incidents and complaints and carrying out clinical audit, developing actions and learning from each.
- Provide professional leadership in the UCC, offering advice, direction, support and motivation
- Assist in recruitment of GPs, carry out inductions, supervise and appraise performance
- Act as safeguarding lead for the UCC, supported by the Greenbrook Safeguarding Lead
- Develop strong working relationships with hospital clinicians and help to develop patient pathways within the UCC, community services and hospital specialties
- Participate in regular operational and governance meetings with the UCC leadership team and in review meetings with the CCG.
A full list of managerial duties and clinical responsibilities can be found in the Job Description.
This is an excellent opportunity for a General Practitioner with experience of Urgent Care/OOH to join a leading provider pioneering the future of Urgent Care. For those with limited previous management experience, we ensure regular structured support and mentorship throughout.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A General Practitioner with experience of Urgent Care/OOH
- MRCGP qualified (or GMC recognised equivalent) and registered with an English performers list
- Innovative and keen to explore new ways of delivering care
- Committed to maintaining the highest standards of care
- An experienced clinical lead, or highly enthusiastic about progression to clinical management
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the NHS Pension scheme
- Medical indemnity covered by CNSGP
- Regular structured support and mentorship
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Greenbrook Healthcare are already the largest provider of Urgent Care Services, this is an exciting time to join us, as we ready ourselves for further growth and expansion. We have a wider Clinical Leadership team and thus a clear career path and training and development opportunities for you should you be keen to progress from this position.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 14 August 2019
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
If we receive sufficient applications before this date we reserve the right to close the advertisement early, so it is advised you do not delay in your application.
Apply for Lead General Practitioner - Queen Elizabeth Hospital UCC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly