Advanced Nurse Practitioner Job, Smethwick
An opportunity has arisen with the Birmingham area for an experienced Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join an established team. This is an opportunity for you to join a multi-disciplinary team of 7 GPs and 3 Nurses and work alongside fellow dedicated and highly skilled healthcare professionals. The team is of 20 in total who support each other in any way they can by holding regular weekly clinical meetings, monthly governance and bi-monthly wider team meetings where training and development opportunities are held and explored.
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner you will use your Urgent Care experience to work autonomously and flexibly, to guide care staff as appropriate whilst also feeding into the wider team of practitioners. It is an exciting time of change in the service and this role offers you a real opportunity to add value to the local community and broaden your experience.
Responsibilities would include working autonomously to asses, diagnose, treat, and refer patients when appropriate; the successful candidate will bring with them years of primary care experience and will be able to prescribe autonomously.
Working within the parameters of the NMC at all times the incoming ANP will be responsible for the following:
- Providing advanced level of autonomous nursing practices to assess, investigate, diagnose, treat and refer patients
- Always acting within the parameters of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, Emergency Nurse Practice and NP Scope of Practice
- Delivering holistic health care for patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems using advanced nursing skills
- Contributing to the provision of multidisciplinary education and training within the service, local training programmes and providing experiential learning opportunities, mentoring and clinical learning opportunities
The essential qualities needed by the Advanced Nurse Practitioner are:
- First level Registered Nurse
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Independent Prescribing Qualification
- Clinical experience - working in primary health care would be advantageous
- Minor injuries experience gained from within an acute setting
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible Hours
- Relocation Support
- Access to innovation funds
- Professional/Clinical Development
- You will also get great staff benefits
What Happens Next?
If you would like to find out more please click the 'Apply' button. This will send a notification to the consultant looking after this vacancy who will get in touch at a suitable time to share further details on this opportunity. Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more! If you wish to contact us about this opportunity and other suitable positions please call Kristy within the General Practice Division on 01423 850 419 or email Kristy@prospect-health.com.
Interested in other new similar roles? Click here for other General Practice Jobs