Salaried GP Opportunity, Ashford Area
4-8 session Salaried GP, Ashford Area, £80,000 to £88,000 FTE plus Indemnity Cover.
Prospect Health are currently working on behalf of a superb surgery near Ashford who are looking to bring in a new Salaried GP to join a strong and supportive team of existing Partners and Salaried GP's. The role is at a training practice so there are opportunities to get involved in teaching and training, as well as having the required structure to allow an incoming GP to develop or build on specialist interest areas. There is a very well managed workload on offer as well as flexibility for an incoming GP to have some flexibility on how their day is structured as well as flexibility on session start and finish times to accommodate child care etc. There is a very friendly atmosphere throughout the surgery with a lot of long serving members of staff who enjoy regular meetings and catch ups. The GP's at the surgery benefit from an well staffed and highly trained clinical and clerical support teams, including a Paramedic who does most of the surgery visits. They also have an effective work flow optimisation scheme in place which has dramatically reduced the amount of paperwork the GP's need to deal with. Happy to consider both experienced and newly qualified GP's.
- 4-8 sessions a week available
- Purpose built surgery with excellent facilities
- Training practice with registrars in place
- Practice population circa 15,000
- Friendly and supportive practice environment with regular team meetings
- Highly trained clerical support teams resulting in a well managed workload with low paperwork, medical secretaries are also in place to deal with referrals etc
- Work load of average 11 F2F consultations a session plus 8 calls, however this can be tailored depending on a GP's preference
- Low home visits, often days with 0
- Infrequent Duty Doctor, 1 or 2 Duty days a month working alongside a duty team
- No extended hours or weekend work
- Flexible working arrangements in terms of session start and finish times
- Practice uses Emis Web
- GMS Contract
- Possibility of Partnership in the future
- Near perfect QOF score and Good CQC report
- Support offered for newly qualified GP's
- Salary of up to £88,000 FTE
- Indemnity covered in full
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 1 week CPD support
- NHS Pension
- In line with BMA model contract
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Registered GP with the GMC
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Included on NHS performers list
What Happens Next?
If you wish to find out more please click the 'Apply' button. This will send a notification to the consultant looking after this vacancy who will get in touch at a suitable time to share further details on this opportunity. Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more! If you wish to contact us about this opportunity and other suitable positions please call Dave Thorburn in our General Practice Division on 01423 850421.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Salaried GP Jobs