Overnight General Practitioner - North East Essex
GPs are you tired of……….
Your 8am till 8pm GP work? Chasing the small pot of QOF? The 20 presenting complaints per consultation? The docman? The bloods? The BOREDOM?
Then may be working for the North East Essex Out of Hours Care UK team is for you.
Care UK is the largest provider of unscheduled care services in the UK and we proudly continue to lead the way with innovation in line with the vision of the NHS. This means we have a constant need to add to our bright and dynamic medical team to ensure we continue to fulfil the lives of our patients.
We have a permanent opportunity for an evening/overnight GP within our North East Essex OOH service, covering Tendring and Colchester. Although we are ideally looking for a GP to work on a salaried basis, we can also consider applicants who are able to work overnights on a self-employed or bank basis. We also have permanent opportunities available on weekend days, should this be of interest instead.
If you want to broaden your clinical experience, are looking for more flexible hours, and need the freedom to develop a more fulfilling career, then Care UK is the quintessential place for you.
Whatever your interests, we’ll make sure that your skills are kept completely up to date with a CPD programme. We work closely with the NHS and ensure to provide an environment where there are always opportunities to innovate and learn and put your ideas forward.
About the Job
The OOH service is open from 6.30pm – 8am Monday – Friday, and 24 hours over the weekends.
We can offer a contract between 28 – 40 hours per week, with flexible working patterns between 8pm – 8am or 12am – 8am.
The skill mix within the service is ANP and GP’s, incorporating urgent care, telephone triage, face-to-face appointments and home visits.
- £105,000 per annum (pro-rata based on a 40 hour week)
- Company Pension
- Indemnity Reimbursement
- Varied, interesting and challenging work
- Senior clinical and Management support 24 hours a day
- Quick and easy online shift booking and payment
- Education and training tailored to your needs and interests.
- Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
- Dedicated feedback to support appraisals
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and online discounts
- Regional and National Leadership development opportunities
- Support to become a Supervisor/GP registrar trainer
- Discounted access to NB Medical courses
- 15 minute appointments
- Be on the GMC Register
- Be on the GP Performers List with a valid CCT
- Experience & confidence in managing acute and chronic presentations for both adult and paediatric patients.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care.
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
We have over 17 years’ experience of delivering full GP out of hours services across England. We have become the largest provider of full out of hours services in the country covering over eight million patients.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Ben Averill on 07435974918.
We offer enhanced rates for overnight shifts, so get in touch to discuss!
Together we make things better.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone one of us matters.
Apply for Overnight General Practitioner - North East Essex
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly