GP Senior Consultant Job, Qatar
The group are the only medical institution in the gulf region to adopt a UK style clinical governance and have indeed, undergone rapid expansion plan in recent months instilling a culture of excellence in care, academia and research in the region.
They are now developing and advancing their Ambulatory Medicine Service having been consolidated over the past decade, providing a diverse range of world-class medical care services and support for the Qatari population, including the Patient Transport Service, Mobile Healthcare Service and the Referral and Booking Management System.
The Ambulance Service Group has grown remarkably and this growth can be seen not only in the size of its workforce, but in the range of services it provides. Additionally, the quality of service delivered across the group has continued to advance and this has been independently endorsed by multiple international quality and safety accreditations.
This role is a rare opportunity for UK and Irish based general practitioners to work in the Middle East enjoying the benefits of a structured work pattern, excellent salary and benefit packages and a system devoid of the structural issues facing primary care practitioners here at home.
Qatar needs little introduction, people from all backgrounds and walks of life live side by side in one of the most sought after countries to live in. Year round sunshine makes it is a great place to live the outdoor lifestyle and as a coastal city there are many beaches to choose from. Renowned for its large expatriate community, the UAE offers the best of both worlds. Almost all needs and pursuits are catered for; 5 star hotels and fine dining, some of the biggest and most exciting shopping malls in the world and a huge variety of sporting and outdoor pastimes mean that there is always something to do.
- Excellent Tax Free Salary
- Free furnished Accommodation
- Relocation Flights and yearly flights
- Education assistance for 3 children
- Generous Annual Leave allowance
Key Skills and Qualifications
Applicants MUST hold any of the below qualifications for local licensing:
- UK/ Ireland - CCT/CCST with GMC Specialist Register
- U.S/Canada - American Board Certification/ Canadian Membership
- Australian/NZ - Fellowship of the royal college
- Germany/ Austria - Fachartz
- France - DES, DIS, CES, CIS
Candidates Applying to Senior Consultant positions require:
A mandatory minimum of 8 years post MRCGP/ CCT as per QCHP licensing
- Held the position of Partner or GP Principal in a practice, for at least 3 years.
- Be able to demonstrate at interview, sound working knowledge and experience of practice management.
- Be able to demonstrate on CV and/or at interview, experience of working collaboratively with other healthcare organizations and/or other roles held outside of practice (e.g. working with Health Boards, Primary Care Units, management role within local cooperative etc.). Have led healthcare projects in healthcare system at local or regional level (preferable).
- Have held a leadership position for a minimum of a year within a healthcare organization or system (preferable).
What Happens Next
To talk to us in confidence about this opportunity or any other suitable positions, please contact a member of the International division on 01423 813451 or send your CV and covering letter to Doctors@prospect-health.com
Office Hours Monday -Thursday 9am - 8.30pm, Friday 9am - 5.30 pm