Lead GP - Ealing Hospital UCC - Maternity Locum (from August 2018)
Lead GP - Ealing UCC - Maternity Cover Job description
Greenbrook Healthcare – Together, we deliver the future of Urgent Care.
Greenbrook Healthcare is the leading provider of co-located Urgent Care Centres caring for NHS patients across London and the Home Counties. We are looking to appoint a Lead General Practitioner to our Clinical Leadership Team, based at Ealing Hospital Urgent Care Centre. This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave from August 2018 for a fixed term of 1 year, although a successful tenure is likely to lead to further opportunities within Greenbrook Healthcare when the role comes to an end.
Managing a team of experienced salaried and bank GPs in this role you will work closely with the Service Manager and Lead Nurse with responsibility for managing, organising and promoting the needs of the services. Supported by our Clinical Director for Ealing, Brent and Hillingdon, and working together with our Lead Nurse and Service Manager, your managerial duties will include;
- Meet the Clinical Governance needs of the UCC, investigating incidents and complaints and carrying out clinical audit, developing actions and learning from each.
- Provide professional leadership in the UCC, offering advice, direction, support and motivation
- Assist in recruitment of GPs, carry out inductions, supervise and appraise performance
- Act as safeguarding lead for the UCC, supported by the Greenbrook Safeguarding Lead
- Develop strong working relationships with hospital clinicians and help to develop patient pathways within the UCC, community services and hospital specialties
- Participate in regular operational and governance meetings with the UCC leadership team and in review meetings with the CCG.
A full list of managerial duties and clinical responsibilities can be found in the Job Description which you can download from our company website.
This is an excellent opportunity for a General Practitioner with experience of Urgent Care/OOH to join a leading provider pioneering the future of Urgent Care. For those with limited previous management experience, we ensure regular structured support and mentorship throughout. The role can be full or part-time according to the candidate. Competitive remuneration is offered coupled with a generous flexible benefits package, including NHS Pension.