Lead GP - Queen Elizabeth Hospital Urgent Care Centre & Out-of-Hours Service
Greenbrook Healthcare – Together, we deliver the future of Urgent Care.
Greenbrook Healthcare is the leading provider of co-located Urgent Care Centres caring for NHS patients across London and the Home Counties.
We are looking to appoint a Lead General Practitioner to our Clinical Leadership Team, based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Urgent Care Service, Woolwich. The service provides a 24/7 UCC for walk in patients and the Greenwich out of hours GP service covering telephone advice calls, GP base visits and a home visiting service
Managing a team of experienced salaried and bank GPs in this role you will work closely with the Service Manager and Lead Nurse with responsibility for managing, organising and promoting the needs of the services. Supported by our Clinical Director for North West London and together with our Lead Nurse and Service Manager your managerial duties will include;
- Supervision and training of junior clinicians
- Meet the Clinical Governance needs of the UCC, investigate incidents (including SIs) and complaints whilst sharing learning from investigations with the whole UCC team.
- To demonstrate and provide professional leadership, offering advice, direction, support and motivation for both the UCC team but also external to the clinical setting.
- Carry out clinical audit work
- Investigate and respond to clinical complaints
- You'll be the safeguarding lead (adults and children) for the UCC Carry out annual GP appraisals and 3 month reviews of new GPs
- Assistant in Recruitment of new Clinical Staff
- Carry out inductions for all new GPs
- Carry out clinical audit and develop actions and learning from the audit results.
- Develop strong working relationships with hospital clinicians
- You’ll develop patient pathways within the UCC, community service and hospital specialisms Participate and often lead regular meetings with the UCC leadership team, in addition to quarterly team meetings, attend Greenbrook Healthcare operations meetings and Clinical Governance meetings.
A full list of managerial duties, in addition to clinical responsibilities and continued professional development activities can be found in the Job Description which you can download from our company website you can find by following the apply button below
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Urgent Care / Out-of-Hours Lead General Practitioner to join a leading provider pioneering the future of Urgent Care. Likewise the position will also appeal to GPs working in Unscheduled Care looking to take the next step in their career into a managerial role.
Greenbrook Healthcare are already the largest provider of Urgent Care Services, this is an exciting time to join us, as we ready ourselves for further growth and expansion. We have a wider Clinical Leadership team and thus a clear career path and training and development opportunities for you should you be keen to progress from this position.
Competitive remuneration is offered coupled with a generous flexible benefits package, including NHS Pension.
Please do not delay in your application. Closing date for applications is 15/9/17