How MIMS Learning Essentials can help you improve patient care
MIMS Learning Essentials (MLE) is your go-to resource for implementing clinical guidance in primary care:
- Stay up-to-date with clinical guidance and implement changes in your practice
- 12 months access to the update service, alerting you to changes as they're released
- Gain up to 50 hours of CPD delivered by GP experts, via live courses and online
- Directly upload your CPD into the Clarity & RCGP Appraisal Toolkit for GPs
How MIMS Learning Essentials can help you deliver improvements in patient care
Take this sample module to find out how MIMS Learning Essentials delivers condensed guideline updates that help you directly improve patient care.
After taking this module, GPs and nurses will be better able to:
- Recall what’s new and what’s relevant to them in the July 2016 NICE guidance on sepsis
- Remember to ‘think sepsis’
- Identify which patients are at increased risk of sepsis
- Know which clinical examinations should be used to assess for sepsis
- Describe the early signs of sepsis in people of different ages
- List the key warning signs of sepsis
GP Jessica Garner, author of the sepsis module, explains why GPs really need to be up to date with the latest guidance on sepsis:
"Each year in the UK there are over 40,000 deaths secondary to severe sepsis. Being confident in diagnosing this condition is of vital importance. This module will guide you through the critical signs and symptoms of sepsis, with particular reference to the most vulnerable and susceptible groups".
By taking the MIMS Learning Essentials module you don’t just get a summary of the guidance, but practical interpretations of what this means for your practice, explanations of any unclear areas, and clear ideas on what to do next to directly improve patient care.
Purchasing access to Essentials, whether via a 1 day live course, 12 months online access, or getting our combined package for a £50 saving, means you receive these updates for new and changed guidance across the year.