Martin Levine, head of marketing at Prospect Health, gives seven reasons why family medical consultants should relocate to Qatar:
- Qatar, the capital of Doha, is one of the most desirable locations in the Persian Gulf.
- The country is investing heavily in its healthcare sector, making it an exciting time to practise medicine there.
- You get a competitive, tax-free salary.
- An excellent standard of living with accommodation included - often with an ‘on-campus’ swimming pool.
- It is not uncommon for GPs to get a live-in maid, a housekeeper or driver - such a hard life!
- You can get educational assistance for your kids to attend an internationally-renowned private school
- A generous annual leave entitlement means you can visit home if you get homesick. But with Bahrain, Oman and the UAE all within easy reach, you may prefer to visit these countries in your spare time instead.
Read Prospect Health’s original blog post: ‘Why become a family medicine consultant in Qatar?’
Browse and apply for international GP jobs