This job has now expired
An opportunity has arisen for a 6 month fixed term, locum or secondment position with the possibility for extending the arrangement.
There are 4-6 sessions per week and consideration will be given to applicants who wish to work all or some of the sessions.
You will be required to:-
• Work as part to the Tier 2 Musculoskeletal service within ACE along with the existing physician
• Receive referrals from other Health Professionals (primarily General Practitioners) regarding patients with musculoskeletal and/or exercise/activity-related problems.
• Provide a high standard consultation, investigation, diagnosis and treatment service for such patients
• Communicate with the patients General Practitioner
• Advise the referral and booking service where problems arise triaging patients with musculoskeletal problems.
• See patients with knee osteoarthritis
You will need to maintain spread sheets for audit purposes and record all consultations on Systm1. Secretarial support is provided
X Ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Pathology and all usual investigative facilities are available. Facilities for joint and soft tissue injection are also available.
Links with ACE and Colchester Hospital Physiotherapy services and ACE podiatry service are in place.
You will likely to have -
• Higher qualifications and experience in Sport and Exercise or Musculoskeletal Medicine
• Considerable practical experience in Musculoskeletal Medicine
• The ability to perform joint and soft tissue injections
• The ability to record consultations on an IT system.
If you would like any further information or to apply please visit the NHS jobs website by clicking on the 'Apply now' button and searching reference number 836-ACE252 in the quick search box.